On this episode of the Real Estate Marketing Show we reveal the top five things every agent needs to be doing in order to have the 2016 of their dreams. From training and practice, to marketing, to prospecting.
These are the top 5 things every agent needs to do to have their best real estate year ever.
- Previewing Homes
You get all this, plus Mike’s top motivational tips to take you into 2016, on this episode of the Real Estate Marketing Show.
1. Training to Have Your Best Real Estate Year Ever
Work with a trainer.
And there are tons of them. Here are just a few.
- David Knox
- Social Networks
- Mike Ferry
- Tom Ferry
- Daniel Pendley
- Verl Workman
- Brian Buffini
- Peak Producers
- Craig Proctor
- The Paperless Agent
- Joe Stumpf
- Michael Hellickson
Don’t have the coin for that?
Try these free options
- Your own Board of Realtors
- Facebook Groups
2. Practice to Have Your Best Real Estate Year Ever
- Practice effective time management. Try Steve Chandler’s Time Warrior.
- Practice being positive. Go to Amazon.com and type in affirmations, self help, self improvement, or sales skills. Make a practice of reading for 30-minutes every morning.
- Create a morning practice for yourself. We both like The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod.
- You can join a network group. Either real estate or non-real estate related
- Find a mentor. Even if it’s just someone who is really good at life.
- Join a masterminds. What are other agents, in other markets, doing that you can steal and incorporate
- Attend a real estate retreat like the Mike Ferry retreat. Or a non-real estate retreat like those given by Tony Robbins.
- Practice good health. Holistic and natural health are important. If your health isn’t top notch, you won’t be top notch.
3. Marketing to Have Your Best Real Estate Year Ever
- “We are marketing specialist with a real estate license.” – Shane Pendley
- Take this time to re-look at your internet presence. Are your blogs, landing pages, and websites all aligned and congruent? Do they look the same, feel the same, and reflect the same attitude?
- Review your marketing and giveaways for consistency of look and message
- Be a subject matter expert.
- Review your email campaigns
4. Prospecting to Have Your Best Real Estate Year Ever
You need to be prospecting. But you should choose something you’re good at and that you like.
Don’t like door knocking or cold calling? Then don’t do them.
Do what you like. Maybe that’s social media or sitting on a board of directors for a local non-profit. The point is, you need to be “doing” something to prospect for new leads.
Why three? What happens if you perfected REO and then REO dried up? You’d be out of luck.
So pick three. Master them one at a time. But spread that base.
5. Previewing Homes to Have Your Best Real Estate Year Ever
It may sound weird, but know your inventory, your market, your neighborhoods or tracts, or your new construction floor plans can make all the difference.
Here’s a video that Mike and his team shot on new construction. Maybe it gives you some ideas. Maybe you can record a video of your own on the subject.